A Mobile Printer Ideal for Long- Lasting Thermal Transfer Labels
The easy-to-carry P4T printer enables you to print long-life barcode labels and documents up to 4” wide where and when you need them—resulting in enhanced data and asset-tracking accuracy and improved workforce efficiency. Uniquely flexible, the P4T offers the advantages of thermal transfer image durability (barcodes/text/ graphics), advanced wireless connectivity options and included direct thermal mode in a versatile variety of combinations.
Thermal Transfer Longevity
When paired with tested Genuine Zebra thermal transfer supplies, the P4T printer produces 2- to 4-inch- wide labels or other documents that withstand harsh environments and offer archival longevity ranging from 18 months to up to 10 years in outdoor applications.
Advanced Technology for Ease of Use and Productivity
Bluetooth® 2.0, secure 802.11b/g, or both; Serial/USB
Smart operation—Battery monitoring and auto-adjusting ribbon cartridge
for outdoor use—IP14 water-resistance rating; IP54 dust- and water-resistance with soft case; tolerant to multiple drops up to 5’ to concrete
media and ribbon loading
to wear and hold
for direct store delivery (U.S. only)
NOW THESE MARKETS AND APPLICATIONS CAN BENEFIT FROM MOBILE PRINTING
The easy-to-wear and -carry Zebra P4T and RFID-enabled RP4T mobile printers are ideal for indoor and outdoor applications in government, manufacturing, transportation and logistics, mobile field service and healthcare.
MANUFACTURING/TRANSPORTATION & LOGISTICS THERMAL TRANSFER APPLICATIONS
You likely already use a thermal transfer tabletop printer in your operations because your printed labels need to stay readable and scannable long-term. You apply these long-lasting labels to items that must move through a long supply chain, endure long storage times, and/or encounter harsh or outdoor environments. Now you can extend the functionality of your thermal transfer stationary printer to print labels precisely where they need to be applied. When you print labels on the spot and on demand with the rugged P4T mobile printer, you improve worker productivity by saving steps to and from a centralized printer. And you improve accuracy by ensuring the right label is applied to the right item.
The P4T mobile printer finds a ready home in manufacturing plants and warehouses; retail store warehouses, outdoor garden centers, and distribution centers; and third party logistics warehouses.
Manufacturing and warehousing
- Receiving—inventory labeling
- Shipping—apply labels to items as they’re picked, even from a forklift
- Work-in-process labeling—for harsh production environments and to provide lifetime product tracking for recall management and security authentication
- Asset management
Transportation and logistics
- Producing shipping labels where mobility is valued, such as labeling large items or items at the shipping dock
- Container labeling
MOBILE WORKFORCE/FIELD SERVICE APPLICATIONS
Workers who spend most of their time working out of the building benefit from mobile technology. Carrying handheld computers and printers with them enables them to print on site, on demand—enhancing their efficiency, data accuracy and customer satisfaction. Your mobile workers work in the field, where you need them to be able to apply labels that deliver durability and longevity in harsh outdoor environments, or deliver archive-quality documents up to 4” wide that don’t fade over time. Now with the rugged P4T, you can print long-lasting thermal transfer labels and documents out in the field—and avoid the extra time, labor and potential errors caused by preprinting them.
- Label attachment at remote locations (repair history)
- Utility labeling outside of plant
- Receipts—using the recommended Genuine Zebra™ media—where image durability and archiveability are required
- Asset tagging
» Utility: light poles and fixtures, electrical power/ water/gas/phone/cable sub-station equipment and components » HVAC: boiler, chiller, other equipment asset tags; proof of service receipts
» Construction sites: heavy equipment and tool asset tagging; inventory control
» Indoor equipment tags: long-life tags
» Fleet management: identifying and tracking service vans, trucks and other vehicles
» Building inspection: fire extinguishers, exits, sprinkler systems
MARKETS AND APPLICATIONS
When it comes to U.S. military asset tracking and Unique Identification (UID) barcoding, you need labels that can withstand extreme conditions. In state and local law enforcement, you need citations and evidence labels that remain sharp and readable despite harsh environments and the effects of time. Now, mobile thermal transfer printing brings you this durability plus the benefits of point-of-application efficiency and accuracy.
U.S. Department of Defense
Scanning barcode labels between destinations tracks movement and streamlines the deployment of troops and equipment, ensuring tight inventory control. The United States Department of Defense uses rugged Zebra thermal transfer printers and long- lasting synthetic labels that withstand harsh military environments to identify and track equipment and supplies.
Now, with the rugged, thermal transfer P4T mobile printer, you can print, at the point of application, durable labels that withstand heat, sandstorms, and other harsh outdoor conditions.
- It’s also a convenient way to spot re-label legacy assets valued over $5,000 with UID replacement labels.
- Specific genuine Zebra supplies have been independently tested to ensure compliance with the DoD’s requirements for UID labeling under MIL-STD-129 and MIL-PRF-61002A.
State and local law enforcement
Zebra’s mobile printing and ticketing solutions for electronic citation systems allow officers to easily print citations on the scene. The P4T printer’s thermal transfer printing together with special genuine Zebra receipt media provide you with extra confidence that even when exposed to moisture or high temperatures, citations will remain readable and enforceable.
For a secure chain of custody, you need crime evidence barcode labels with archival longevity that ensures they can be scanned long after collection. You also need the mobility of a printer that can print evidence labels right at the point of collection to ensure accurate information. The P4T mobile thermal transfer printer answers both needs at once.
MOBILE A TO Z
FROM ACCESSORIES TO SUPPLIES TO ZEBRACARE™ PLANS
Connect the AC adapter to your P4T and wall outlet to charge your P4T at the end of a shift.
AC single charger
Charges a single battery outside the printer.
Quad Battery Charger
Charges up to 4 Zebra Li-Ion batteries at a time.
Mobile Mounts and Handi-Mounts
For vehicles or forklifts, allows flexible mounting to many surfaces.
Connect the DC adapter to your P4T and forklift battery to charge your P4T while using your forklift.
In-Vehicle Mobile Charger
A convenient and cost-effective means to charge your P4T while on the road.
Spare P4T Battery
Spare batteries ensure you’ll always be charged and ready to go.
A family of cables is available for tethered connectivity between your P4T and a variety of the most popular handheld computers.
Conveniently and securely store and charge the printer in a vehicle or forklift. Release it instantly with a push of a lever to take to the customer or a remote location
Heavy-Duty Forklift Mount
Heavy-duty shock and vibration protection
Nylon Soft Case
Adds an extra layer of protection from harsh environments. Provides IP54-level protection against dust and moisture.
For optimal printing quality and proper printer performance across our product line, Zebra strongly recommends the use of genuine Zebra supplies as part of the total solution. Specifically, each of the P4T/ RP4T is designed to work only with genuine Zebra smart batteries and smart ribbon cartridges designed for the P4T/ RP4T, thus maximizing safety, ease of use and print quality.
Zebra provides both in-stock and custom-made receipt paper, labels, and tags specifically engineered to ensure optimum performance in Zebra printers. Custom options include watermarks, preprinted logos, and terms and conditions. Zebra also offers quality heat, water, and UV-resistant coatings for attractive, durable images. For details, contact your authorized reseller, or call Zebra at +1 877 275 9327.
ZebraCare™ Depot Service Agreement
A ZebraCare depot service agreement is a cost-effective means of planning and budgeting your annual maintenance expenditures. This back-to-factory service ensures that trained and certified Zebra technicians will bring your printer back to factory specifications every time. Zebra offers four plans to meet your specific needs.
THE COMPLETE SOLUTION
|APPLICATION||GENUINE ZEBRA SUPPLIES**||GENUINE ZEBRA ACCESSORIES|
|Manufacturing and Warehousing|
|Shipping and receiving||Z-Perform™ 2000T; also RFID||
|Work in process||Z-Perform 2000T Tag|
|Asset management||Z-Perform 2000T; also RFID
|Transportation and Logistics|
|Shipping||Z-Perform 2000T; also RFID||
|Cross-docking||Z-Perform 2000T; also RFID|
|Container labeling||Z-Perform 2000T; also RFID|
|Mobile Workforce Field Services|
|Repair history||Z-Perform 2000T; also RFID||Indoor applications||
|PolyPro 4000T||Outdoor applications|
|Outdoor utility||PolyPro 4000T|
|Other documents up to
|Z-Select™ 4000T Receipt||Where image durability
and archivability are
|Asset tagging||Z-Ultimate® 4000T||Utility|
|8000T Ultra-Tuff Tag||HVAC rooftop equipment
|PolyPro 4000T||HVAC service history|
|8000T Ultra-Tuff Tag||Construction sites|
|Z-Select 4000T Tag; also RFID||Indoor equipment tags|
|PolyPro 4000T||Fleet management|
|UID solutions||PolyPro 4000T with 5095 ribbon||2 years outdoor||
|8000T Ultra High-Tack Matte
with 5095 ribbon
|3 years outdoor|
|Evidence labeling||Z-Select 4000T; also RFID||Indoor applications|
|PolyPro 4000T||Outdoor applications|
|E-citations||Z-Select 4000T Receipt||Limited exposure to rain|
|PolyPro 4000D Receipt||For use in the rain|
|8000D High-Temp Receipt||For high-temperature
**There are media beyond those listed that are suitable for your application. Please discuss with your Zebra representative.
Specifications at a glance*
- 8 MB Flash /16 MB SRAM memory
- USB 2.0 serial connection
- 32 bit processor
- Thermal transfer or direct thermal printing modes
- Large LCD
- Drop-in/pop-out media and ribbon loading
- Tolerant of multiple drops up to 5’ to concrete
- Sensor detects gap, black bar, media, media width, door ajar and ribbon
- Smart battery and ribbon cartridge
- Shoulder strap
203 dpi/8 dots per mm
8 MB Flash/16 MB SRAM
Max Print Width
Maximum Print Speed
- DT: 3”/76.2 mm per second
- TT: 1.5”/38.1 mm per second
- DT Operating Temp.: -4° F/-20° C to 122° F/50° C
- TT Operating Temp.: 32° F/0° C to 113° F/45° C
- Storage Temp.: -22° F/-30° C to 149° F/65° C
- Operating Humidity: 10% to 90% non-condensing
** Extremes in temperature and label image density may
affect throughput and print image quality. Please
contact Zebra for guidance to maximize the
performance of your solution.
- 7.4V, 4200 mAh rechargeable Li-Ion battery
- EMC: FCC Part 15 and EN55022 Class B limits
- Radio approval for BT, 802.11b/g & RFID: FCC, Industry Canada
- Safety: IEC 60950, NRTL marking for US & Canada
- EU: EMC, LVD, R&TTE Directives
- Additional countries being certified. Please check zebra.com for availability.
- Width: 7”/177.8 mm
- Height: 8.6”/218.4 mm
- Depth: 3”/76.2 mm
- Weight: 2.9 lbs/1.32 kg with ribbon and battery
Maximum Label and Liner Width
Maximum Media Roll Size
- Media: 2.6”/66 mm O.D. on a 0.75”/ 19.1 mm I.D. core
- Receipt paper: 3.2 mil (min)
- Labels: 8.2 mil (max)
- Tags: 6.5 mil (max)
Labels and documents up to 4” wide
on either synthetic or paper
- Ribbon type: Wax; wax/resin
- Standard length: 98.4’/30 m
- Ratio: Approximately 2:1 media to roll to ribbon depending on media thickness
- Ribbon width: 4.33”/110.0 mm
Printer Control Language—The P4T mobile printer comes equipped with CPCL, ZPL®† and XML, ensuring easy integration into existing systems that run Zebra mobile printers without the need for additional software. WML for display programming.
† ZPL required for RFID support.
Fonts and Character Sets
- Scalable text feature
- Standard resident fonts† can be rotated in 90° increments
- International character set support:
US/Canadian English/Latin 1 & 5 (Incl. Turkish),
Japanese 16×16, Japanese 24×24, Chinese 16×16
(traditional), Chinese 16×16 (simplified) ,Chinese 24×24
(simplified), Korean Mincho, Korean Myeong.
Others available upon request.
Supports user-defined fonts and graphics— including custom logos
- Linear Barcodes: Code 39, Code 93, UCC/ EAN128, Code 128, Codabar (NW-7), Interleaved 2-of-5, UPC-A, UPC-E, 2 and 5 digit add-on, EAN- 8, EAN-13, 2 and 5 digit add-on
- 2-Dimensional: PDF417, MaxiCode, QR Code, GS1 DataBarTM (RSS) family, Aztec, MSI/Plessey, FIM Post Net, Data Matrix
- Barcode Ratios: 1.5:1, 2:1, 2.5:1, 3:1, 3.5:1
†Contains UFST from Monotype Imaging, Inc
Communication and Interface Capabilities
- Communication interface: USB 2.0
- Wireless: Bluetooth, short range radio frequency connectivity. Profiles supported: SPP.
- WLAN (802.11b/g) support for the following security protocols: Airbeam Safe VPN, EAP-TLS, EAP-TTLS, LEAP, PEAP, EAP-FAST. WPA with the protocols listed and WPA2-PSK (AES or TKIP).
Options and Accessories
- Fanfold support
- AC adapter
- AC single charger
- Quad battery charger
- Vehicle cradle for docking and charging
- RAM® mounting hardware for vehicles or forklifts
- Heavy-duty forklift mount
- DC adapter
- In-vehicle mobile charger
- Nylon soft case
- Spare battery